Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Raining Birthday Cards!!!!

3.24.11
HAPPY EARLY 24th BIRTHDAY TO ME in Ecuador!!!!!!!!!!

All of my unopened Bday Cards! I had to take pictures, there were SO many!


We just got back from our site assignment visits, nd let me tell you, the mail lady had a HUGE stack of cards/letters for us. *Side Note: I never get mail. Ever. I always wait around while she calls out everyone’s name thinking maybe one of those HAS GOT to be for me. Never.* Well, today was an exception… She starts calling out people’s names Whitney, Heather Siegmund, Paige, Heather Siegmund, Christina, Heather Siegmund, Heather Siegmund, Jenny, Heather Siegmund, Heather Siegmund, Andrew, Heather Siegmund, Bethany, Heather Siegmund, Christina, Ricky, Heather Siegmund… okay you get the picture. HALF THE STACK WAS FOR ME! I could.not.believe.it. I seriously was in shock. By the time she was done giving out letters/cards I had 18 cards in my hand!!!!!!! Everyone was asking me who they were from and what they were for. This time, everyone was jealous of ME! Not the other way around J
OMG, I received 18 birthday cards in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t even realize that many people knew my birthday was coming up!! Holy moly was I excited! It was like Christmas time!!!!
Special thanks to the following people: Mom and Dad, Amanda, Lauren, Gina and Dave, Mr. and Mrs. Beetz and family, Jim and Maggie, Mr. and Mrs. Warwick, Kathleen, Tony and Jean, Joan and Don, Kara, Mr. and Mrs. Murphy, Rudy and Ella, Debbie, Sue, Frank and Janet, Sue and Gerard and Family, Dave and Joan, and Steve and Debbie!
Special shout outs to:
Lauren- for sending me my first letter!!
Amanda- sending me the first picture!
Steve and Debbie- my birthday card was in Spanish!
Here's what the finished product looks like!
Seriously, thanks again to EVERYONE! My real birthday hasn’t even passed, but I feel like I’ve already had my birthday! What an awesome feeling! Thanks for thinking of me when I’m thousands of miles away! J
Heather
P.S.- If I didn’t mention your name and you sent me a card, I haven’t received it yet. Don’t think I forgot about you!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! hope you had a fun birthday! I want to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete