2.12.11
I walked to school with a couple of friends instead of taking the bus this morning. It saves me 20 cents and gets me some exercise! J It’s such a pretty trail!
Not much to talk about this evening. Spanish class was fine. We ended around 12:30. I walked home with a couple friends! We stopped to have lunch at a small restaurant. It was your typical Ecuadorian meal… soup, rice, chicken or fish, plantains, potato salad, and juice. I ordered fish, but she must have miss heard me because I got chicken. The people who got fish, received a WHOLE fish on their plates, eyes and all. I took pictures don’t worry. Soon enough, all this will become normal to me! Haha. The lunch was very good!!
*Side Note: there was shrimp in the soup. It was delicious! But we had to de-shell them ourselves. I immediate thought of my mom (my mom from the States) because she would have been so grossed out if it was her! Haha. Love you, mom!*
I still needed to buy a chip for my cell phone and get my cell phone unlocked so the chip will work, so my friend came with me to help me out since her Spanish is better than mine! While we were in the middle of talking to the guy about this her host mother called asking where she was and told her they were heading to Quito, so I didn’t end up buying anything today. I’m hoping my host brother will help me out tomorrow and go with me!
Guess what I did when I got back to the house????? My host mother taught me how to wash my clothes by hand! It’s actually pretty easy and it was good bonding time! It only took us about 30 minutes to do a basket of my dirty clothes, not too shabby. We then hung them on the lines to dry out. Keep your fingers crossed it doesn’t rain so they dry!! It turns out she does have a wash machine! So since I know how to do my clothes by hand now, I will probably use the wash machine from time to time…… or all the time. Haha. Juuuust kidding!
It’s about 6pm now, and I don’t believe anything is going on tonight. I think I’m just going to lay low and study some Spanish verbs/words. It’s nice to be able to relax and not have anything today since I’m always on the go between training and family things! J
Another great day in Ecuador!
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment