Monday, February 14, 2011

Training Day 2

2.8.11
Not much to say today. It was basically just another day of introductions to training. Today was introductions to our language and culture class and a short presentation on cell phones, blogs, and websites. We will be going to get our cell phones in small groups throughout the week. I’m going to try and use my blackberry I brought from the States instead of buying a new one. I just have to buy a chip to put inside it for about $3-$10 I think. We also had our language and health interviews today. In our language interview we were asked questions that made us use different tenses to see how far along we are with our Spanish and to see which Spanish class we should start out in. There are 3 categories with 3 subcategories in each. They are as follows:
Novice low, Novice Medium, Novice High
Intermediate low, Intermediate Medium, Intermediate High
Advanced low, Advanced Medium, Advanced High

By the end of our 11 week training we need to be at Intermediate Medium. My goal is to be at Advanced low by the end of training! My interview went okay today, but I REALLY need to study my tenses again. Once I review those, I think I should move along pretty well. I also need to pick up a lot more vocab, especially vocab that pertains to my program, Natural Resources Conservation. Since I was a business major, I don’t even have the vocab down in English…. I’ve got lots to keep me busy!

In our health interview, we were just asked simple questions about the medicines we are currently on, an emergency contact, if we’ve had any health problems since getting medical clearance, etc. Very simple and in English!

I ended up stopping by the internet cafĂ© for about an hour after class before I headed home for dinner. I love it when I have emails or Facebook messages from people! But I’ve only received one email so far, no letters, and no Facebook love… COME ON PEOPLE!!! Don’t you miss me?!?!?

After dinner, I finished up my homework with the help of my sister and her husband! It’s nice to get those questions out of the way. Now, I’m ready for bed. I start to get real tired about 8pm. I’ve been going to bed about 9:30 though.

Random little tidbit, but nothing to worry about: I have been getting stomach pains about and hour after I eat. Nothing serious at all, they come and go in short waves. I think it is because my body is getting used to all the carbohydrates I am putting into it and wayyyy less vegetables. I believe another reason I am getting stomach pains is because I’m constipated. too much information, I know. But you are just going to have to get used to it. Peace Corps stories are always TMI J So between eating more carbs than veggies and my body getting used to the food, I’m pretty sure that’s why I’m going through these small bouts of stomach pains. But I reassure you they don’t stop me from any of my daily activities, no worries, all is good!

Also, I really missed working out, so I think I’m going to try and start walking to school instead of taking the bus. It’s about a 4 mile walk. But it’s rainy season and the ground is pretty muddy in the mornings so I don’t know if that is going to happen. Maybe sometime soon!

Hasta luego,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment