Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dia de Familias

4.16.11 (Family Appreciation Day)

As a thank you to all the host families we put together a day of food and activities for them. We cooked 40 of our 80 chickens, prepared tons of fruits and veggies, salad, rice krispie treats, chocolate chip and sugar cookies, brownies, rice, french fries, and we made watermelon juice, lemonade, tea, and of course our friends Coke and Sprite were present. All of that and we still could have had more food. Don’t get me wrong everyone ate, but there could have been more. Oh well, it all turned out really delicious!
On to activities, we had eggs races on a spoon. We had the little ones hold the spoon, the adults carry the spoon in their mouth while walking forwards and backwards, and when we volunteers went we had to grab a partner and put the egg between our heads and walk sideways. Fun times! We had sack races, piñatas, soccer games, basketball, face painting, and funny host family story time! My little host nephew got a whale painted on his cheek, so cute!
That really about all I have to say about the day, nothing out of the ordinary happened, but it was a fun filled day! I am truly going to miss my caring and amazing host family! Thanks for all you did for me! J Until September…
My host sister Claudia and I at Dia de Familias! I'm going to miss you!!!

Oh shoot, how could I forget the unforgettable traditional dancing we did for everyone. Yours truly was part of the show!  See below!

No comments:

Post a Comment