4.18.11
I’ve begun packing….. and it’s a total joke. There is absolutely NO WAY! that everything I came with is getting back into my 2 suitcases and carry-on. No way. Plus, I’ve acquired some rubber work boots, fantastic gifts from the packages my awesome friends and family have sent me, 4 beautifully handmade scarves I bought today, and the 23947239429 books I’ve acquired from Peace Corps Training (which probably weigh, no joke, like 25 lbs. Wish I had a scale so I could weigh them). I should add that the clothes I brought with me to Ecuador were in a vacuumed air tight bag when I came here, now they’re not. On top off all that I had ZERO space left in my suitcases on the way here. So….. with no space left in my suitcases on the way to Ecuador, my clothes NOT being in a vacuumed airtight bag this time around, and all the stuff I’ve acquired….I’m thinking there’s no way. I thought I was stressed trying to pack in the States to come to Ecuador… HA! Where’s my sister when I need her? Maaaannnnddddiiiiiii, I need you to help me pack and repack my bags 4 and 5 times again! Haha
I’m not really sure why I’m so stressed out over PACKING! I mean shouldn’t I be worrying more about not being able to communicate with my new host family and the people I’m going to be working with? Leaving behind all of my new friends? Not knowing what my future work holds for me? Not having the convenience of the English language around me 8 hours a day? I mean, these seem like more legit things to be worrying about, but that’s not the case. Haha. If everything doesn’t fit I have an option of renting out a locker in the PC office, which is great! I guess I just don’t want to have to leave anything behind. I feel like I’ve left enough “things” behind in the States, that I don’t want to leave even more of my belonging behind while in Ecuador.
So these are my stresses right now. And although I’m stressing over stupid packing, I’m even more excited that I will be a VOLUNTEER in TWO DAYS!!!!!!! I almost can’t even believe it. I’ve been in this country for 3 months already, feels like I just got here, yet it feels like I’ve been here for so long. I remember thinking when I was finishing my application thinking, “Wow, I’ve have so many more steps to go through before I even think about being a Volunteer.” Now the day is almost here… CanNOT believe it!! So exciting!!!!
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment