4.19.11
This morning our language facilitators took us to the Historical District of Quito. It was a lot of fun! They gave us some of the history on all the beautiful churches and Cathedrals and took us to Plaza Grande where the government and municipality are located and the President lives. It was nice to get out of the training center for a few hours J
Pics os a couple churches in Quito, Ecuador
So my host sister took me to the movies tonight for my last night. So sweet of her! We saw “Just go with it” with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. It’s a pretty good comedy, but has a totally predictable ending. We also got ice cream beforehand! I’m really going to miss her! She is the one I’ve became the closest with in my family. It’s going to be hard to say goodbye to her L But life goes on and I can come visit her when I’m back in September for our 5 month Re-Connect Conference! She gave me really cute grey, what I call a “going out” shirt as a going away gift! Thanks, Claudia, for everything and making me feel so welcomed into your family! As well as my whole host family for their wonderful hospitality!
Update on packing…. HOLY CRAP do I have SOOOOOOOOOOO much stuff! What was I thinking when I was packing to come here?? I took all of my stuff out of all the drawers and it’s all on my bed and desk, looks like a tornado came through here! (I’m actually writing this blog post a couple days later, but I really wish I would have taken a picture of the chaos my room was in, but that was the last thing on my mind at 11pm the night before swearing in, unfortunately) So I’ve got my duffel bag packed and ready to go. 1 down, 2 more to go, and about 5,000 more nic nac (spelling?) things to fit into those 2 suitcases. I don’t leave for Cuenca until tomorrow evening so I have some time after our Swearing-in Ceremony to come back and finish packing…. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do because I’m exhausted and ready for bed.
Less than 24 hours until I’m a Volunteer!!!!!!!!!!! Heather Siegmund, Peace Corps Volunteer…. I like that title! Haha. So I’m a little giddy, big deal. But you would be too if you waited 2 years for this moment!!!!
Next time I update this blog I will be a Volunteer, what what!
Heather
P.S.- I didn´t proof read this so excuse the errors that I´m sure I made!
No comments:
Post a Comment