Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Day of my PC Life

4.21.11
I arrived in Cuenca at 7am from the overnight bus. I took a taxi to my house, said hi Maria, the lady who cooks and cleans for the family, and then drug all my stuff to my room. I began unpacking my things until Marcia, my host mother, woke up. We then had breakfast together J After we were done eating she told me she was going to go lay back down because she got in late last night from traveling; I couldn’t have been happier because I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep, so that’s exactly what I did for the next 3 hours until Noon. Great nap! After my nap I finished unpacking my suitcases. Marcia came in and laughed and said, “Wow, you have so much stuff!” haha.
As I was finishing up unpacking Marcia went to work for the afternoon. I piddled around for a couple hours then went to the internet cafĂ© to let my family and Josh know I arrived safe and sound to Cuenca, as well as, update my blog! Other than that, I didn’t do much the rest of the afternoon. In the evening I started a movie on my computer then Marcia came in and asked me if I wanted to go walking, clearly I jumped at the opportunity (I, unfortunately, have gained weight like every other girl when they get to this country)! We walked for about an hour then I finished my movie and went to bed around 10:30pm.
Great first day in Cuenca!
Heather

1 comment: